Pages

Friday 20 January 2012

Double Chocolate Cherry Truffle Cookies

I love chocolate. Specifically, I love dark chocolate. At school there's an administrator who has a candy bowl, and the best days are days when the candy bowl contains dark chocolate (and sour punch straws). Over break, my mom and I were trying to come up with some good, new, festive cookie recipes to make for our chanukah brunch. While my mother doesn't like chocolate, the rest of my family does, so I gave this recipe a try and it was a huge success. Considering the ingredients that go into it, I don't see how it could possibly not be a a success.
(mmm...yummy melty chocolate!)
Posting over the next few weeks may prove to be quite difficult. I have grad school auditions in February (scary!), and competitions coming up in June (assuming I get into them). These things will require a lot of practicing. Luckily, the orchestra office gave me a break this semester and gave me almost no orchestra! I shall try to find the time to cook lots of yummy things and share them with you!
These cookies are amazing with a glass of milk!

Double Chocolate Cherry Truffle Cookies
recipe from 17andbaking

Ingredients:
1/2 cup and a tablespoon of all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
5 oz bittersweet chocolate
4 oz unsweetened chocolate
8 tablespoons of butter
4 eggs at room temp
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tablespoon freshly ground coffee
4 oz semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup dried cherries, chopped

Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar. Set aside.
Melt bittersweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, and butter in a metal bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
Stir frequently until melted and then remove from heat. Allow to cool for about ten minutes.
Meanwhile, beat eggs with mixer (fitted with whisk) on medium speed. Add sugar and beat until eggs triple in volume and hold the line of the whisk. This should take about 10 minutes. Add ground coffee and beat for another minute.
Add the melted and cooled chocolate to eggs on low speed.
Beat until incorporated.
Add dry ingredients, chocolate chips, and dried cherries. Beat until just combined, making sure not to overmix.
Finish mixing it all together by hand with a rubber spatula.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Scoop batter into fairly large mounds (2 inches apart), then cook for about 12 minutes.
Allow cookies to cool and then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment