Pages

Sunday 24 July 2011

Lemon Thyme Salmon

I have a tendency to get stuck in a rut when it comes to salmon.
I love my baked salmon topped with parsley so very much that I stop trying new salmon recipes.
This week I decided to end this.
I looked around, found a few good looking recipes, and ended up just kind of doing my own thing. I had found a few recipes that called for thyme and lemon, along with various other ingredients. I had also found a few recipes that suggested slow baking it at a lower temperature than usual.
I made my own mixture involving lemon rind, thyme, olive oil, salt, and pepper. I mixed it all in the food processor until I thought it tasted good.
Then I spread it on a 5 oz piece of salmon and baked it at 275 degrees for about 18 minutes.
Once it came out I squeezed some lemon juice on top of it and it was ready to go.
Tasty.
It was tender, moist, and flavourful. Also, It took barely any time to cook, which was nice since this was such a busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment